Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Advice to Baruch College

Well, it's hard to say, because it's all based on how much I understand the new media are used in Baruch. I just surfed Baruch website to try to find something for improvements. It seems everything is going well now, especially there is a new website of Baruch Home created where I can go to the link of Zicklin School of Business quickly. It was a headache for me to find this link before this web page is created. Now if I want to say something, the only thing I experienced and may think there's an improvement is about borrowing a book in the library/across CUNY library. I tried to borrow a book from other CUNY colleges. When I logged in and it was glad to see there was an online chat. However, every time the chat person was always somebody from other CUNY college and he did not know Baruch library policy exactly. So he always asked me to wait and called someone in Baruch library, then answered my questions. This becomes inefficient/complicated when I have more questions to ask. It's also a little bit weird, because I am a Baruch student and why nobody from Baruch library chats with me directly. The most worst thing was that the person chat with me could not get right answers for me and therefore I had to go to Baruch library to line up there and ask someone...So, for Baruch student's benefit, it's good to set up an online library chat for Baruch students, particularly there are now so many people wanting to borrow books in the library. Likewise, it's also good to extend such online chat to other services as well, such as tuition payment, etc. because it's quite often that nobody picks up the phone when I call to ask questions. Also, I've never seen any newspaper about our college, student life, etc. Perhaps the form of e-paper can be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment