Wednesday, November 2, 2011

About My Term Research Paper

I just finished my term paper, but has not yet submitted it. It's not an easy project, because this is the first time I wrote something for about 11 pages (including title page).  A long paper and a big project, anyway. The assignment about how to distinguish new media from old media gave me hints to choose "The Future of Old Media" as my term research paper topic. I wrote something about old media's future in the assignment, so of the course, I took this topic. In the following assignments, there were more topics about new media, such as social networking and modeling reality with virtual worlds, and all those gave me more ideas to my paper.

I have never thought a lot about the future of old media before I work on with it. It's great to make a review as to how media develop, from old to new. It's also good to know there are so many forums/organizations to discuss media, such as World Media Summit and World Association of Newspapers. I like to read something about current events and something related to business. My paper extends my knowledge to media industry, particularly newspaper. Also, I do not often browse English web and it's so amazed to see there are so many websites I can go to. That means internet has deep penetrated into people's daily life.

Compared to new media, old media just appear relatively early and do not have so many audiences as before. However, by comparison to its preceding media, old media are "new" instead. So the future of old media, on the other hand, may not only mean the future of print media, radio, television and so on, but also mean the future of current "new media" which may become "old" some day. Therefore, my paper discusses the future of any "new media" and it's one of components of the field of "new media."  

No comments:

Post a Comment